Thursday, January 13, 2011

Big Bird

     "What's this big bird in the tree?" Jerry asked. I'm a bird watcher so I quickly went into the sun room before the 'big bird' flew away! 
     Just as I got there the 'big bird' flew down to the ground. It was no more than 10 feet away from the window! "Well," I said excitedly, "It's an owl! I wish it was facing us so I could know for sure..." 
     Just as I said that it turned it's head around 180 degrees! It was an owl! A Great Horned Owl! Oh, I was so excited!
     Then he turned his head back around. His wings spread out and he flew up into our large White Pine Tree! 
     I shuddered. Dangling from his feet was a  long snake! The owl sat in the tree eating his lunch. It was probably just a Gardner snake but still, I hate snakes...
     But even the snake couldn't dampen my excitement of seeing the owl in my own back yard!

No comments: