Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Memories #3

     One by one the kids were growing up and leaving home. Pam, our oldest, was married in 1983 and living in another state. Christmas morning wasn't quite the same any more but the kids, still at home, got up at 6:00 AM to sing to us to wake us up! It was tradition.
     Six o'clock on December 25, 1984, things went a little crazy! The kids were singing, Grandma was waiting for the door to be unlocked, and the phone started ringing! 
     Jerry got up as I reached over to answer the phone. "Merry Christmas," I said groggily. Pam began singing "We wish you a merry Christmas!" 
     Then she said she had a special message to tell us. "Gene and I are going to have a baby!" 
     "What?" Yes, she had to tell me twice!
     Our first grandchild! What a wonderful, exciting gift! The following August our first grandson, Andrew, was born. 
     That's a Christmas memory forever in my heart. 
     

No comments: