Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jesus Loves Me

       I was at a Winning Women Retreat in London, Ontario, Canada. The speaker was excellent. the work shops so relevant, the music was beautiful. What a wonderful weekend away for me and for the other thousands of women who were there. 
     One of the singer's was an outstanding soloist. The last day as she began to sing her solo, Jesus Loves Me... a hush fell over the entire arena. This I know... for the Bible tells me so...
     Suddenly, from one of the balconies, sobs were heard. They became louder and louder. I, along with all the other women, turned to see who was causing this disturbance.
     Sitting alone, was a rather robust black woman sobbing uncontrollably. She, alone, identified with the black soloist, as the words penetrated to the very depths of her soul:  Jesus Loves Me, This I Know...For The Bible Tells Me So. Little Ones To Him Belong, They Are Weak, But He Is Strong...Yes, Jesus Loves Me...
     

No comments: