Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pounding in the Night

     Late one night, Jerry was sleeping, I was watching TV upstairs in the loft. Suddenly I heard pounding on the front door! My heart stopped. It came again...pounding
     I tried to think, who was pounding on our door? Could it be Rob? No, he wouldn't pound like that and he usually called first before coming over. Who was it and what should I do? There it was again...pounding
     I grabbed my house coat and putting it on, started down the stairs. I could see a light shining through our door window. As I went down farther, I could see a man shining his flashlight and holding it like a policeman does. That gave me a little courage...
     I prayed as I slowly went down the stairs. Should I open the door? Oh, help me, Lord. 
     I knew he was watching me walk toward the door so I slowly opened it a crack. He had a uniform on but it didn't seem like a policeman's. He asked me if _____ lived here. "No," I said. "I don't know who that is." He questioned me some more and then seemed satisfied that he had the wrong house.
     I went back upstairs, got Jerry up, (he had heard commotion and talking but assumed it was Rob) and we both watched the man, through the window, walking half way through our property to his car! He had parked away from our house so we wouldn't know he was coming to our door! He was seriously looking for someone!
     We now suspect it was the U.S. Army or other branch of service, looking for someone who had gone AWOL. 
     The next day Jerry went shopping at Lowe's and bought motion lights for our yard and house. If anyone comes again, after dark, the way will be well lit for him or her! No more surprise visits late at night!
     
     

3 comments:

Gail Slawson said...

You took quite a chance opening that door a "crack", because he could have easily pushed it open. Next time just talk through the door. Enjoyed your other two past posts too !

Anonymous said...

whats up mylife-experieces.blogspot.com admin found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://xrumerservice.org they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best backlinks Take care. Jason

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just would like to give you a big thumbs up for your great information you've got right here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]clicky[/url]